The need of automation support on Lab Systems is growing. The quality of data management, systems processes and standards (leverage on existing and implement new technologies) need to be supported and need to be improved continually.
Lab systems variate from (standalone) analytical equipment to complex global platform projects like LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems), SDMS (Scientific Data Management System) and future new paperless opportunities.
Data Integrity is very important, therefore user requirements of (current and new) systems need to be translated into technical specifications and systems need to follow the set DI standards. Next to that (standard) data definitions still need to be developed to establish quality and data integrity expectations. Compliance to those expectations need to be ensured.
The Lab Services Automation Specialist gives follow up on GAPS and takes lead in and takes part of Lab Systems initiatives and projects, all in cooperation with the global organization and in alignment with the business needs.
Qualifications and Competences:
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Informatics, Computer Science or in Life Sciences
• Background in software development and programming Experience; Laboratory Experience is considered as a plus
• Written and oral communication skills in English. Dutch is desirable.
• Planning skills, ability to prioritise multiple commitments.
• Analytical thinking and (technical) problem solving. Lean/Six Sigma experience is desirable.
• Pro Active, works independently, takes actions in the absence of specific instruction and is able to write protocols/reports, business correspondence and procedures.