- Adherence to GEP and GXP procedures on site in relation to all aspects of the job
- Provide technical leadership and support for IT projects in relation to Process Automation control systems (new equipment installs, upgrades, disaster recovery execution, etc.) as required.
- Supports the Process Automation Project Lead role as required for project impacting issues and ensures adherence to Process Automation site standards.
- Provide technical leadership and support for control systems to engineering, maintenance and process engineers across Manufacturing and Process Development as required. Supports the Process Automation Admin role as required for business impacting issues.
- Lead and assist in the design, development and updates to Rockwell based control systems associated with Process Control and Utilities, e.g. HVAC and energy management.
- Prepare specifications, protocols, procedures and other documentation as required, and as per site procedures in line with change control, GAMP and GEP. Keep documentation current (drawings, specifications, validation documentation etc).
- Co-ordinate and manage control system projects if required. Ensures that agreed control systems standards and guidelines for new equipment introduction are adhered to. Works with vendors, Engineering project managers and business users to implement systems to the required standards.
- Ensure all work carried out and systems installed are safe, effective and in compliance with regulatory requirements by thorough commissioning.
- Provides handover to the Process Automation administrator, Maintenance and Process Engineers from project mode to operational support. Ensures that training materials are updated when required.
- Proactively identify opportunities, anticipates problems and implement solutions with the Process Automation Administrator, Process Engineers and the Maintenance team.
- Liaise and communicate with site users and vendors to ensure control systems operate to maximum effect, and as per the Site IT Automation Strategy.
- Adheres to the local Process Support Model: Records and investigates issues, performs root cause analysis, escalates to management and other teams as required. Co-ordinates the response with external vendors for issue resolution, upgrades etc.
- Work with wider IT team to create the required interfaces between control systems, historians, MES / EBR systems.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate in a culture of efficiency, helpfulness, innovation, continuous improvement, enthusiasm, reliable & consistent delivery, integrity, partnership and collaboration, locally and globally.
- Degree in Automation Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent control systems knowledge. Must have excellent knowledge of Rockwell suite of applications (Allen Bradley PLC, FTView, FTBatch, VantagePoint)
- Good documentation practices as per GAMP 5 and GEP / GxP
- Experience of or exposure to SCADA, (ifix, Wonderware) Siemens PLCs, Bar Coding an advantage.
- 3 – 5 year experience in a role that meets the above requirements.
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written word).
- Experience in the biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industries is desirable.