|Automation (Patching) Engineer||Reference: TPS043|
|JOB TYPE||Contract (12 months)||DATE POSTED||25/06/2018|
|Client; Established System Integrator delivering in the area of industrial automation Ireland. They offer 360 spectrum of related services including system development, upgrades, technical support, project management and validation consultancy.
End client environments are blue-chip, multinationals in the food & beverage, pharmaceutical, chemical and water treatment.
This client has an aseptic drug product operations facility, specialising in secondary manufacturing activities Formulation, Vial/Syringe Filling, Lyophilisation and Packaging. There is a strong culture of continuous improvement and innovation within this company to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives.
The Automation (Patching) Engineer has the technical responsibility for the patching and testing of automation systems for the purpose of maintaining Cybersecurity.
As a contract, the position offers excellent rates and the opportunity for a long term placement
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Assessment of latest windows security patches against vendor approved releases
· Testing of automation systems on development environments prior to releasing to production
· Scheduling of patching outages with production
· Periodically applying approved patches using centralised patch management tools
· System Readiness Testing of production systems prior to handback for commercial manufacturing
· Attend regular team meetings to inform stakeholders of progress
· Reporting of progress to system owners and the wider IS team
· Regularly liaise with stakeholders to ensure effective communication on outages
· Adherence to GXP procedures on site in relation to all aspects of the position
Skills and Education:
Third level qualification in Electrical, Electronic, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Equivalent
Get in touch with us for full brief on this position.