|Client; Industry leader in the provision of automation and machine vision systems to highly regulated, high-volume manufacturing and packaging environments.
Job Title; Software Engineer
The role of Software Engineer is all-encompassing, where you will be involved with the delivery of Machine Vision Systems and Bespoke Software Applications from the beginning (design) right the way through to the end (commissioning and validation) and all of the phases in between.
Reporting to the Software Architect, the Software Engineer requires a strong technical background and aptitude, and an ability to produce high-quality reliable code.
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Be responsible for the design, development, installation, commissioning, documentation, testing & validation of the machine vision systems and bespoke applications.
- Work as part of a team, liaise with internal and external (Client) personnel.
- Adhere to all company and regulatory work practices
- Maintain and improve existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Document solutions by developing functional and software design specifications, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams
- Investigate and use new technologies where relevant by continually updating technical knowledge and skills
- The successful candidate will be involved in the design and delivery of all aspects of the company’s industrial vision and bespoke solutions
- Relevant third level qualification(s) such as Bsc in Computer Science, BEng in Electronic Engineering.
- Excellent knowledge of C# and the .Net Framework
- Database experience, such as MS SQL Server
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to work collaboratively with multiple disciplines including in house Engineering, Operations, Quality and Product Development, partners and contractors, as well as customer IT and Operations groups.
- You must be eligible to work in the EU (EU Citizen or existing work Visa)