|Client; Industry leader in the provision of automation and machine vision systems to highly regulated, high-volume manufacturing and packaging environments.
Job Title: Automation & Controls Systems Engineer
Involved with the delivery of Automation and Control Systems from the beginning (design) right the way through to the end (commissioning and validation) and all of the phases in between.
- Design, development, installation, commissioning, documentation, testing & validation of the automated control system and peripheral devices.
- Work as part of a team, liaise with internal and external (Client) personnel.
- Work with in-house client’s standard operating procedures.
- Adhere to all company and regulatory work practices
- Maintain and improve existing codebases and peer review code changes.
- Document solutions by developing functional and software design specifications, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams
- Investigate and use new technologies where relevant by continually updating technical knowledge and skills
- The successful candidate will be involved in the design and delivery of a wide variety of automation control projects across multiple sectors and disciplines
- Relevant third level qualification(s) such as Bsc in Computer Science, BEng in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or BEng in Automation
- Experience in implementing automation projects in Siemens Step7 or TIA Portal Step7 PLC Programming languages (LAD/SCL)
- Experience in implementing SCADA or HMI projects in any of the market leading software packages (SIMATIC WinCC, FactoryTalk View, Wonderware or iFix)
- Database experience, such as MS SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of a CAD design package is advantageous.
- You must be eligible to work in the EU (EU Citizen or existing work Visa)