|Client: Pharmaceutical corporation operating a BioPharma facility in Dublin.
Senior Automation Engineer , internally known as a Specialist IS (Information Systems) Automation Engineer, to join the Automation Engineering team reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Information Systems.
As a senior member of the Automation Engineering team, the Specialist will support complex and challenging process automation initiatives that require understanding of analytical problem-solving techniques, project management, life-cycle management and Operational Excellence. Additionally, the Specialist is responsible for providing project leadership and daily operational support to the Automation Engineering team at the site.
- Leads and supports of capital projects
- Facilitates the application of advanced automation engineering principles in the design, specification, construction, startup, and validation of process and GMP utilities equipment and systems for capital projects of significant scope and complexity.
- Leads and supports technical root cause analysis, incident investigations, and troubleshooting on process control issues related to electrical, instrumentation and control systems
- Leads and supports new product introductions or new technology introductions by performing engineering assessments, implementing automation system configuration changes and supporting engineering runs
- Devises new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard automation technical principles
- Works closely with multiple disciplines, including manufacturing, process engineering, utility operations, maintenance, quality assurance, and validation to manage a diverse portfolio of projects.
- Provides technical support to commercial and clinical manufacturing as needed.
- Develops and executes strategic initiatives for long-range planning and lifecycle upgrades of various Automation platforms with activities including managing a 5 year roadmap of systems, presenting high level scope and cost estimates to executives for annual capital funding plan, and project management of initiatives once approved for execution
- Provides mentorship to Automation Engineering team in daily operations
- Communicates proactively with multiple levels within the organization, highlighting issues and proposing solutions
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years experience in Process Automation Engineering in a manufacturing support environment with at least 3+ years experience in the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology industries
- 5+ years combined experience with the following product platforms: Rockwell systems and/or Emerson DeltaV DCS systems
- 5+ years experience with building automation systems with preference to Siemens Apogee or Desigo platforms
- Programming expertise with SCADA, PLC, HMI, and wed based applications
- Familiarity with industry standards for batch control systems, software development life cycle methodologies, S88, 21 CFR Part 11, Validation, and GAMP
- Strong control system automation background. Design, installation, programming and validation of automated processes
- Experience with Mammalian Cell Culture, Protein Purification, Clean Utilities, CIP, SIP, Production Services and non-GMP Utilities preferred
Get in touch with us for full brief on this position.