Client: Medical technology company, providing medical imaging, software & IT, patient monitoring and diagnostics to drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies and performance improvement solutions.
Role Summary: This position will be part of the Automation / IT Team and be responsible for the Design, Maintenance and management of all Automation systems onsite. The Automation Engineer reports to the Automation Manager. The candidate will have knowledge and proficiency in the use of statistical analysis tools, continuous improvement methodologies, problem solving and applied engineering relating to control systems.
Role Requirement: The chosen candidate would typically be accountable for the following activities (but not exclusively);
- Process improvement work to ensure operational and engineering targets are achieved in relation to output, quality, cost, and yield.
- Ownership of issues in the operation control system field.
- All design reviews associated with equipment purchases.
- Project Management of small to medium sized site specific projects through conception, approval, planning, execution, and validation in all parts of the plant including Production and Packaging, Utilities, and Warehouse.
- Continuous improvement programs and all performance improvement projects.
- Designing, executing, implementing and directing engineering or process projects which significantly contribute to attaining high system performance.
- Set up of specifications and standard procedures to align with industry standards.
- Risk assessments and mitigation projects relating to system performance.
- The development and execution of FAT, SAT and IOQ protocols in Ireland and abroad.
- Representing manufacturing on site based teams involved in implementing new technology, products or business processes to the site.
- Reviewing and approval of changes to operating procedures and the change control process relating to the system.
- Working in a collaborative manner within the Process Teams structure and contributes to investigations, NC and CAPA closure.
- Advanced Degree in Engineering or Life Sciences or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- Significant experience in engineering in biotech/pharmaceutical industry supporting manufacturing (quality, process development, manufacturing, clinical manufacturing.
- Significant experience in executing engineering projects.
- Experience in cGMP maintenance, operations or engineering.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong control system and automation skills.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand and perform code changes on Siemens PLC and Rockwell PCS.
Get in touch with us for full brief on this position.