Client: Engineering company offering controls, and validation solutions to manufacturing facilities across Ireland & Europe. Innovative approach to Automation, Involving in implementing Industry 4.0 and Smart Factory technologies. A rapidly growing, exciting, and fast-moving sector.
Role Summary: As a Senior Control Systems Engineer you will operate as an active member of the Engineering team and will have a responsibility to mentor more junior resources in the group based on your years of experience.
Role Requirements: The chosen candidate would typically be accountable for the following activities (but not exclusively);
- You will have an elevated position of authority as a Senior Engineer and will be required to give direction, inspiration and technical knowledge to fellow and junior resources.
- Your role will involve the development, commissioning and support of automation, control systems and custom developed software programs.
- You will be responsible for automation and control systems design, specification, programming, simulation, testing and start-up assistance.
- You must possess the technical expertise to maintain, develop, troubleshoot and validate these systems in a compliant and competent manner
- You will be required to self-manage agreed project goals and interact with the customer to achieve these goals
- You should be at a sufficient level of expertise to take front line interactions with the customer for assigned project work and possess the ability to report to management on progress and any road blocks that present themselves over the course of your duties
- You will also be required to manage the delivery of project development work and goals assigned to junior and fellow engineers if requested
- You will require strong software development skills across multiple platforms to accommodate the vendor neutrality that currently exists. Over the course of the role you will be expected to specialise in a core group of platforms to be agreed with management and to become a system expert in those platforms for the overall group
- You will be responsible for always representing the company in a positive light with potential and current customers and where possible interacting with the customer and management to potentially acquire and procure new work and new opportunities.
- You will have demonstrated the ability to become a code designer in at least one software platform, i.e. Allen Bradley PLC, SQL
- You must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with one or more of the following PLC’s, programming languages or SCADA systems:
- Allen Bradley (Logix 5000)
- Siemens (Step7)
- GE Fanuc
- Wonderware InTouch
- RS View
- GE Cimplicity
Get in touch with us for full brief on this position.