|Client; Engineering company focussed in Process Automation Solutions supporting manufacturing companies globally.
End client; Gas detection sensor manufacturing plant
- To liaise with internal customers or external partners/vendors customers and provide technical expertise in the development of new production test equipment
- Provide technical test equipment support to Engineers and production, whilst operating a continuous improvement philosophy to increase OEE year on year. through Root Cause Analysis and cause elimination
- To ensure that all new or modified processes, equipment, and materials are introduced and used in accordance with UK Health and Safety regulations and Company Procedures.
- Ensuring timely completion of HSE actions assigned to yourself
- To identify and implement reliability and capability improvements to ATE’s across the site
- Ensuring timely completion of Kaizen ideas
- Generate machine specification/ procurement documents, Maintaining HSE/HOS standards in the Test technician area
- Creating / Modifying Labview programmes for test systems, which utilise National Instruments data acquisition hardware.
- Working with SQL databases to retrieve/maintain data
- A broad range of qualifications or experience may be acceptable, however, it is envisaged that a minimum of ONC in Electronic Engineering or equivalent Engineering discipline, or relevant equivalent training
- Experience within a manufacturing/test engineering environment or similar discipline.
- Working understanding of electrochemical gas sensor testing, along with the ability to apply statistical analysis tools to data
- Proven experience in PLC or test system programming.
- Proven working knowledge of automated test equipment is essential
- MS SQL databases, Serial Communication, data acquisition systems preferably NI DAQmx
- Practical experience with a hands-on and methodical approach to fault diagnosis/analysis with the ability to use diagnostic tools/equipment
- Strong and concise communicator with the ability to work at all levels